Thursday, August 25, 2011

SIM'S EDDIE MERCKX



Bike: 1992 Eddy Merckx Pista Corsa Extra
Owner: Me!
Location: eBay Belgium 




I picked up this gem last night on eBay, and although I am sleep deprived today I can't stop smiling like a fat kid who just found the Tim Tam tin hidden in the pantry.




Pearl and Chrome... could you ask for a better combo?




I'm in love. May need that napkin for my chair again.



The bike's original owner was Fabien de Waele who rode for the Lotto team in the early 90s. He has ridden The Tour three times! Fabien must have mad respect for bikes as this frame has barely a scratch. 

I can't wait to start building this up!




Here's a flashback for the 80's babies out there... look at the red and blue graphics on the seat tube:



They fully remind me of the Curiosity Show. FUCK I used to love that show (NEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD)


Shout outs to the ATO for making my dreams a reality 


xx

No comments:

Post a Comment